Adding a logo

The most important aspect is to determine whether the intended “owner” of the domain name is the named registrant. It’s not possible to tell from the WHOIS record as the registrant details are hidden by privacy protection, but you should have been supplied with confirmation of the full details. As you are named as Admin contact for the domain it’s likely that you are also the registrant, but if not then this would indeed be cause for concern.

You should also place a file named index.html in the public_html folder of the server, to prevent directory listing there.

Victorinox - Thank you for the advice I have changed the root path now so the directory doesnt come up anymore - Ive amended the links also so they are all lower case. Thanks for that.

In response to your question I am building a website for my girlfriends Beauty Salon. I hope that with sufficient practise - I am also enrolling on a Open University course that I can eventually become a web designer.

At the moment, I am trying to figure out the basics my self to become semi competant before I start my course.

My tip would be to ensure your girlfriend is named as registrant. Accidents can happen, and if you were not around she might have trouble claiming the domain when renewal time came. Good luck with your learning, you’ll find Sitepoint one of the best resources out there.