Adding a Review Section to a site

Hey gang,

I’ve tried searching the web for this but to no avail… I’m not sure if I’m calling it by the right name.

I need to add a review section to my website, along with some sort of ratings system so people can tell which item is the most popular. What is the best way to go about doing this?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

you can pay for a template, but I am sure there are free resources out there… then just add the template to your site…

check this out for some ideas if you plan to build it yourself… http://www.weberudite.com/freelancing/niche-review-templates-site-setup

I am pretty sure wordpress has a plugin that just adds the simple 5 star vote thing to each article, you could try that, and each user would be able to vote on it that way. And then you could just change the “Leave a comment” text to “Write your own review”

Just a few ideas :slight_smile:

Are you looking to add a section where a user can rate a post / article / theory, etc with some sort of star system (i.e 1 -> 5) or looking for an area where people can add comments, suggestions etc?

Go to hotscripts for free large number of script
Thanks

Where a user can rate a post/article/theory with a star system.

Thanks for the replies so far guys, I’m still working on it and in need of suggestions.

and what programming language are you looking to use for this type of system?

There are many scripts available, but if you can provide a definitive list of what you want to achieve, which programming language, and how you plan to implement it then im sure someone on here will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

I don’t really have a preference - something that works and that allows me to easily delete spam posts.

I messed around with a free php review system, but it was crap.

It’s basically like a site that compares hotels. Something like the system that hostelworld (.com) has is what I’d like, but I’m beginning to wonder if that would be possible without forking over some cash?

Thanks for the help thus far.

im at school right now, but I have a good comments script I used to use on a site. It has ratings and anti spam etc…You can also review comments before they are posted. Il send you the link when i get home.

ps. Its in php.

That would be awesome. Thank you!

Here is the comments link, as well as a link to the demo. Keep in mind, the demo looks ugly, but remember that you can change that.

Digital Midget

Demo

If you need any help with anything just pm me and I’d be glad to help.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I was looking for the same answer. Hotscripts is a great site, it really helped me.

Miranda:)

:frowning: Links are not working for me

me either. Site must be down.

Here’s a very extensive review script with a lot of features: