Adding a URL link to SWF files - flash CS3

hi all.ive googled this and tried at least 3 different things and i cant seem to find one that doesnt give me errors.can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to add a URL link to a swf file as its an advertising bannerany help would be appreciated

When you upload the .swf to your specific website/server, it’ll automatically gain a URL - then you can go back in and use that URL.

~TehYoyo

hey?no im looking for the actionscript code that works without errors that you put in the .fla file (flash CS3)Can anyone help??

Like link the banner to a site? You could just wrap it in an <a> tag…

~TehYoyo

If I’ve understood correctly, escapedf is looking to create a link within his Flash file, not use the Flash animation as a link.

Right. But he said it was a banner (I imagine an advertisement, but correct me if I’m wrong). I haven’t really heard of links inside of banners…at least not in the ads I view.

~TehYoyo

edit: DOH! I forgot! It’s “innovative”!

yikes…is there maybe a different forum i should be posting this on?its actionscript WITHIN the flash file … i need steps from a flash user who has experience in this…

Yeah. We don’t do a lot of Flash or Actionscript on this forum.

Good forums might be the Adobe Forums or [url=http://www.actionscript.org/forums/]these.

~TehYoyo