Adding an image to a swf

So, I have a swf file which you can see working on this page http://www.utahlibertylaw.com/contact-us/. I did not create this file, but I need to add another image to the slide show. I’ve opened up the file in flash professional, but I don’t see an option to add another image. I’m brand new to flash professional. Shouldn’t adding an image to this slide show be very simple and fast? Also, I’ve looked online for some good tutorials on how to create a slide show, but am yet to find a good one. Any suggestions?

Looking at the html code of the slideshow in that page, I see this

file=playlist.xml

Probably all you have to do is put the image in the correct folder, and add its info in the playlist.xml file?

Well, this file can play independent of anything or so I think. I can drag a copy to the desktop and open it and play the slide show. I think everything it needs to play is in that file.

Maybe you should look for another slideshow then (flash or javascript), one that allows you to change the images that are being shown?

Yes, Flash is a dead loss now. You could much better do this with a slideshow script like jQuery Cycle.

What do you mean by,

Do you mean on this site or that flash is old school?

I mean Flash is old school and on the way out. If nothing else, Apple has kind of killed it by not supporting it on its mobile devices. But it was never that accessible anyway.

thx. I’ve done a slide show before using jquery and thought that I was out of not knowing how to deal with this swf file and already was wasting time learning it. Back to jquery. Although I thought it should be really simple to add another image.

I’m sure it is if you have the original Flash file, just like you could edit layers in an image if you have the original Photoshop file but not if you just have the resulting jpg saved for the web.