Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Matte Colour options for gif export

hi all

i would like to whether there is any facility to add colours to “MATTE” options

see my screenshot below

http://wdpixels.com/stuff/matte.gif

while slicing and exporting gif image, everytime i have to copy different colour code and paste in “matte” colour options.

It would be helpful and fast work if i will be able to add 5-6 more colours to matte options like black and white which are available all the time.

vineet

You can save colors as “swatches”, and if you have that palette open, you can just click the swatch color and it populates the matte option with that color. That’s how I do it in later versions of Ps, anyway, but there may well be a better way. (I’m very much an amateur at Ps.)

You can save colors as “swatches”, and if you have that palette open, you can just click the swatch color and it populates the matte option with that color.

Yeah essentially what ever color you selects becomes the BG or FG colors. So if you select the color from the swatch it SHOULD there as the BG or FG color options.

hmm it’s been a while since I have used CS2 PS. I am a bit at a loss as to why you aren’t showing the default four choices ( fg, bg, K and white) after that you have the use OTHER , which will allow you to use the eyedropper select a different color for matte from the color picker. Matte however is not swatch based ( you cant build swatches for it)

This is not much of a limitation as you can select “Other…” and enter any equivalent value directly. Or if you like to eyeball it… you can use the eye dropper too and “eyedropper color”

hi ralph

i removed default colours from the swatch palette and added my custom 4 colours

http://wdpixels.com/stuff/swatches.gif

but while exporting i still see a lot of colours in colour palette.

Is there any option to see only 4 swatch palette colours while exporting

vineet

hi dresden

1. first i set red as foreground colour
  2. then i click on “save for web” option
  3. selected gif options

but i dont see matte colour changed to red

vineet

Ok perhaps I am getting your issue wrong.

Are you trying to set a MATTE ( which has to do with the handling of semi transparent pixels) or a color table… which has to do with the of colors the gif contains ( but not how it handles semi-transparency).

in other words, for you to see “red” in the “matte” area" of the actual image at least some of those pixels have to be semi transparent.

IF on the other hand what you are trying to do is posterize the image ( reduce the total number of colors)

You can could:
1.set colors to 4, the color table will be reduce to the 4 closest colors to the actual image.
2. then double click on each color on the color table, it will lead you to the color picker (not the swashes … as I said before the save for web is NOT swash based. ) At the color picker you can then enter the values that correspond to the swashes of the colors you want.

I hope that helps.