Adsense ads not aligning properly

Hi,

i am currently trying to customize a template i found online for my site.
The template has a blue background with the content in the middle , so there are margins on both sides of the content. i need to place the skyscraper ads here.and below the content, i would need to put the standard ad(the ad scripts are in the notepad google_ads in the attachment)

PFA the index(html) and style(stylesheet), which are the original template html and style sheets(without the ad scripts).
The changed files are index1 and style1
i had introduced 2 classes in style1 i.e. .adbanner and .adbannerright, which have been incorporated in index1 under div tags, which have the ad scripts.
Along with the above additions, i deleted the following portion from style(original) and saved it as style1 , which made the ads clickable , but they appear haphazard, also one ad takes a long while to load( am not sure if this was necessary, if u have a better method pls do lemme know)

#art-page-background-glare
{
position: absolute;
top:0;
left:0;
width:100%;
height:100%;
overflow:hidden;
min-width: 800px;
}
#art-page-background-glare-image
{
width:100%; 
position: fixed;
top: 0;
height:160px;
background-image: url('images/page_gl.png');
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: center top;
}

I have also included the script and the Jquery files used(both are Jscript). Havent made any changes to them.Just in case you need to have a look at them as well!
Am very new to css , maybe the problem is basic, i dont know!
Let me know in case of any more clarifications/issues!
Any help is deeply appreciated!
Thanks,
Philip