Advertising affiliate website

Just built this website a few weeks ago.What is the best way to get traffic to an affiliate link website? I notice that a lot of directories reject it. Is there any suggestions?

<snip>

[FONT=Verdana]Hi joebobunshop, and welcome to the forums.

Please remember that all review requests, including SEO reviews, should be made through the Reviews & Critiques forum, in accordance with its [URL=“http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?744418-Read-before-requesting-a-review”]guidelines.

You can request general advice and information in this forum, but not a review of a specific site…[/FONT]

Hmm…If you’re looking towards affiliate sites then click bank is the best choice for you. They offer 75% of commission on most of their products. Go there and chose the products having gravity more than 2.And create a link with your username for your website and be a affiliate.

He is not asking of which affiliate network to join.

The question is about promotion of affiliate website.

I would say that all the directories may not reject your affiliate site, I have done directory submission for a making money site and the result was good, however, in recent penguin update, it was hit, I think it was due to getting too many links from directories only.

And, why to submit to only directories, there are many methods of link building and promotion, and for natural links we need to use multiple sources of link building so try almost all the sources like directories, forums, social bookmarking/networking, article directories, web 2.0 etc.

You should use social bookmarking if directory submission sites reject your web link.

social bookmarking is a good way to bring traffic to your site (it not reject afflilinate site), so you can comment in forum, blog to present your site. But first, the content of your site must good ‘‘content is king’’

I think social bookmarking and video submission is the quickest way these days to get Free traffic. Heck you can either make your own video for free or pay someone at fiverr to make one for you. If you optimize the video right, it can send you free traffic pretty fast.

[FONT=Verdana]As the OP has not returned to this thread in over three months, I think we can safely close it.

Thanks to those who contributed.[/FONT]