Advertising money amounts, suggestions to make more, and tips of the trade

For the longest time I tried my hand at freelance web design. I didn’t try that hard though. Turning jobs down that were too time consuming etc. And I didn’t even try to sell it. I have done about 10 or so sites for others. And I did not really enjoy it. I enjoyed coding it. But I did not enjoy dealing with procrastinating flakes. All awhile I was creating tons of tutorials and demos to keep busy. I started to see a little advertising money trickle in. That sparked my interest. Now I have switched domains and the look of my site to cater to advertising instead of freelance web design jobs. I am now 100% focused on purely the advertising money in it.

I currently have two privateers advertising on my site and have adsense setup. The privateers paying me $70 a month and adsense seems to be at about $100 per month. So currently bringing in about $170 a month not lifting a finger other than making the tutorials. Once my Alexa and google page rank bounce back up from my domain move I will be able to be accepted into more aggressive forms of advertising like buysellads, infolinks, and etc. Then I should see that monthly amount climb significantly. My goal is to eventually see $500 per month. I have two well paying jobs already. So I just need this to occupy my brain and give me another stream of money.

Now that the advertising number is north of $100 per month this gives me greater incentive to pump out more tutorials and push my seo. Basically every high ranking tut I do gives me another 1000 visitors per month. Which means another couple of bucks. Currently I’m at about 40,000 visitors per month. My goal is to get that above 100,000 and then I can crack into the big bucks of advertising.

So… how much do you make? What are the tricks of the trade that you found most beneficial? Share the love! And I will too!

Really helping and informative post it is! I likes this plan and happy to see useful information on advertisement campaigns. I will use to practice some points t generate traffic flow on my websites.

wow what a source of invaluable information. you guys are so helpful. anyone know of any forums where they actually participate?

That’s good traffic volume. You’re doing something right. What site is that on? Is it websitecodetutorials because that site is not showing that amount of traffic where I checked.

I think web surfers are becoming more and more accustomed to ads and are ignoring them. So it’s difficult to get high click-through-rates on ads. You can improve click throughs using different sizes, positioning, etc. It seems in the sidebar especially, clickthrough can be very low. I’ve tested this myself using heatmaps.

If I was you, I’d think of a better long term source of income like an informational product or membership service if you want to make more. If you just want to stick with the advertising income, then you’re on the right track of increasing content and traffic. The next step will be increasing CTR.

Howdy. theres a screen shot i just took showing estimated traffic. and my “allstats” is my cpanel show 40,000. what did you use to view stats? its a new domain so one month to the next may have been different for you. membership would be nice. But I have nothing to sell :frowning:

>>> So… how much do you make? What are the tricks of the trade that you found most beneficial? Share the love! And I will too!

Best advice is to stick to your day job :slight_smile: Reasons being that you are not in control of your traffic and rely upon third parties that decimate sites overnight for the benefit of their own adverting investors.

One of my sites once peaked at just over 100,000 pages per day… Google “not enough cash to pay for the electric my mouse” :slight_smile:

Alright made a $100 bucks my first 30 days. Not bad

I was looking at SEMRush to check traffic but it’s not showing much. Maybe because it’s a new domain. My next question is how did you get that much traffic so fast. Did you redirect an old site? I seem to remember seeing another thread about this but maybe it wasn’t you. It’s a large site to be built so fast so I’m assuming you transferred it over from another domain.

Ya I just moved it from another domain with is 301 to the new. My PR is still Zero and my Alexa is still in the 400,000’s so I can’t get approved for other advertising networks until those metrics bounce back up. Then I will add another 2 or three ad types.

I made $9.70 yesterday. That’s awesome for doing nothing. Bought my beer for the night

Not bad, with that amount of traffic, you should be able to create a decent residual income. Maybe not if you only focus on advertising though.

John_Betong…your post is a little uninspiring. You must have been slapped around by the search engines. If we look at things that way, we might as well all give up doing anything online.

No it is more of a challenge to find a solution! The fun of programming especially when the goal-posts keep changing.

I feel another Google Update is imminent :slight_smile:

"F-ing a bit fat LAME! Just got a email from google saying they are disabling my adsense account. I was up to the $90 mark. Their min payout is $100. Cheap scakes.

Scouts honor I have done nothing to violate their rules. All I do is put out one tutorial a day. I am very irritated. This type of stuff has happened to me my whole life. I need to disappear into the crowd more. But I don’t. Again I obviously stuck out like a sore thumb. Raised some alarm. I will appeal it. Plead my case.

It’s pretty lame if you consider the following. Lets say I wanted to disable someone’s adsense account. All I would have to do is go to their site every day for 2 weeks (prob less) and click on their ads a couple times. Done - disabled. They need a better metric for disabling accounts.

On a small plus side maybe this will force me to get other ad network. Adsense was destroying my page load times. I used to have a speedy site. Now it’s a sluggish pile. Even after its loaded."

http://www.websitecodetutorials.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26&sid=abd48c1368a9db476f17f65f4ff2b710

I have had my adsense withdrawn twice and managed to get it back both times. It took about a fortnight both times and meanwhile no income :frowning:

As mentioned in my post #6:

Best advice is to stick to your day job Reasons being that you are not in control of your traffic and rely upon third parties that decimate sites overnight for the benefit of their own adverting investors.

Hopefully you get your site back to square one in the very near future, they are quite reasonable as long as you conform to the rules.

Couldn’t find my previous thread. I had my adsense account open for three and a half weeks. I was on target to make $120 the first month. Then google banned me. Maybe she thought that was too good for the first month no idea. I appealed it with a real and very convincing response. With screen shots and the whole bit. Showing my cpanel and anylitics. Google responded with another NO. So lame as I did no wrong. I’m not dumb enough to risk a good thing. Anyways totally lame. Google banned my IP. So it would be very impractical to even try for another account. Much less most likely futile. Don’t know why they would think 500+ awesome content pages would be bad. Not very happy about it. Now I have to look for alternatives. But know one else will except me until my PR goes back up because of my domain move. So now I just twiddle my thumbs.

That’s a shame and a bad move from Google. I do wonder what they do and how they are so sure that an account should be banned, that it is breaking their terms of use. Did they give you any explanation?

Hello,

You Can Use The Adword Or Other Alternatives Of The Google Adword.

[FONT=Verdana]

Under Google’s Adsense Program Policies, it says

[/QUOTE]
You have a page offering high PR links for sale, and also appear to be offering links in exchange for donations …
[/FONT]

You are spot on. That should of occurred to me. Maybe I should not flaunt that so obviously. The two should have nothing to do with one another but they obviously might. Sites give links to top commentors and top contributors. It should be the same if I provide one for top supporters too. But as you pointed out it probably is not the same in googles eyes. Guess I will have to remove those. Those were like ads to me. They had been there for so long I didn’t even see them. Thanks for pointing them out.

Thanks for moving my previous post to here mods. In taptalk participated threads that you are the op are not included. Ya google says they cannot tell you why. Which is dumb.

On a side note google is in bad bad need of some non webby user user feedback and ideas. Obviously not easy to do because they have so many services but trying to optimize some of there things like google+ for instance can be extremely trying for a non webby person - even a a webby person. The other day (and a few hundred early) it took me three hours to do figure out a simple thing. They counter this with 5 million how to pages. But they should just make things easier. Like being more transparent for one. Apple for instance does a very good job of this. And that’s why they have 90% of the mom and pop business for various services. Forinstance my literal “rocket science” brother is the only close friend that is on google+. Everyone one else and their mother is on facebook - and like. Google has too many smart people on their payrole. Maybe they should simply employ some dumb people to navigate their services and all the nerds should pick up a chair and watch their confusion.