Advertising money amounts, suggestions to make more, and tips of the trade

Update…

So still banned from adsense but Bing/Yahoo ad network accepted me which boast well as they have a rep of being hard to get into. They are CPM - cost per impression. Which is good and bad. Adsense seemed to make more but it was based on the actions of others. Traffic is generally more guaranteed around the same each month.

My traffic last year with the visibilityinherit.com domain was 11,000 monthly in August - generally high traffic season. Where as December and January are generally not. So after the move to my domain I have now websitecodetutorials.com… in Jan I had 200 or so visitors. In Feb I had 76,000 because I was getting traffic from both domains. In March Google caught on and it dropped to 25,000 for the month. And now in April I think it’s finally climbing where I want it to go at 56,000 monthly. So in short if you are ever swayed to think that your keywords in your domain don’t matter any think twice. Because mine matter plenty - 45,000 plenty as of today. And I would venture to guess that number should keep climbing as the site has only had visitors for 2 or so months.

I think web surfers are becoming more and more accustomed to ads and are ignoring them. So it’s difficult to get high click-through-rates on ads. You can improve click throughs using different sizes, positioning, etc. It seems in the sidebar especially, clickthrough can be very low. I’ve tested this myself using heatmaps. Good luck

Up to 84,000 monthly visits. Vs only 12,000 max with my previous domain. After 6 months. Almost to my 100,000 goal. I’d say that move was worth the trouble. Still have not found my home though with the advertising. Yahoo/Bing is apparently a scam. Google it. Lots of threads. I obviously don’t think they are a scam. But there is something wrong with their proccess. Same as all the other threads on the web. After 25 days with them I got the same email as the others. “Your traffic quality is not good. Please take care of it or banned.” My answer was how do I control the actions of others? I do not do any traffic scheems. I just post here occasionally and write tuts. therefore mainly strait google traffic. I was making pennies with them anyway. on target for $25 for the month. Not worth the trouble.