Advertising on your Web Pages

I am new to advertising. I’ve got experience in it, but I’m hardly a seasoned guru.

I’ve seen advertising badgets on web-pages which I’ve wanted to incorporate. One natable example is Chris Spooners blog pages were he has the links on the right-hand side. I’ve tried going to the web-pages for more information, but I did not find many - http://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/

I have a concern that the adverts might be inappropriate for my blog. Even though it’s web related I would hardly want to direct potential clients to competitive web-pages, such as https://w3-markup.com

I’ve tried going onto the web-pages but I can’t find how to put those badge’s. I am not even convinced if they are profitable. I might just put in 2 / 3 Google Ads instead, then at least I know were I stand.

You know, that might be your best bet - at least to begin with. AdSense is fairly easy to get started with, and will provide a good way for you to test the water. If nothing else, it will give you some experience, which will help you when you are ready to look further afield.

But don’t expect to make a huge amount of money from it, unless you have a lot of visitors to your blog.

Mike

By badges - do you mean the 125x125 ads on the page?
They are often sold independently or are affiliate linked and can be quite lucrative to the right advertiser.

I think I might use AdSense in the beginning.

By badges - do you mean the 125x125 ads on the page?

Yep, those one. I don’t know how to put them on. I’ve seen them on Chris Spooners site, and they look pretty cool. Not to cluttered and I am sure they must bring in some money.

Whichever system you adopt, don’t expect to make a huge amount of money from it - and certainly not in the early days. I know some people do well from AdSense, but I suspect that comes only after a lot of work. Contrary to what some people might say, I feel sure it’s not just a matter of pasting some code into a web page and waiting for the cash to roll in. (I’m sorry; you probably don’t need me to tell you this.)

If you do go for AdSense, be sure to read the many topics in their Help pages. In addition, you might find the following article useful: Google AdSense: A beginner’s guide.

Mike

I am placing the content there for SEO purposes, the money from adsense is a bonus. I know I won’t make huge amount, but anything is good. The more I make the better. If I achieve making some money I will repeat what I’ve done until I make more money. :slight_smile: I live economically anyhow.

Sounds like an excellent approach.

Mike

Those are the adverts from buy sell ads.

Many ad networks will offer you different kind of badges, images to work with for best conversions.

He has just added the same on his theme by editing the CSS of the website.

You should start working with adesnse. You an also use clickbank and promote a product in your same niche.

These are very easy to promote and convert really well.