Advice needed on creating a video site

Hi guys, this is my first time posting here on the forum, so to start things off, I thought it appropriate to start off with a problem I’m having.

I’m the lead webdeveloper/designer for my companies website and they’ve asked me to create a website to showcase TVshop video ads which our company transmits. (you can see an example of what I want to achieve here: http://www.latiendaencasa.tv/)

I put together a whole Flash AS3 player system fed by an XML file with the help of a cartoons smart tutorial and everything was working fine. But now they decided that the description needs to sometimes have bolds, title, bullets etc.

I’ve been having a crazy time trying to get the Flash file to recognise HTML formating from the XML file, and just can’t seem to get it working. This kind of headache is something I don’t want to have to face in the future whenever they need a major change. And I think it’s a bad idea having the player and all the contents and description done in Flash.

So the questions I have are as follows:

1. Does anyone know of a good way to get an SWF recognising the HTML formatting from the XML file?
  2. Is there another way to set the site up? Using Javascript, HTML etc. and making only the actual videos in FLV format?
  3. Can anyone suggest a good tutorial, book etc. that might help me to set the site up properly?

Thanks in advance for any help!!! :slight_smile: