Affordable PC for business

Among the different PC companies available in the market today, what brand caters to the needs of a small to medium-sized business, at a fair price?:cool::cool:

You should first work out what your needs will be, such as will employees need a really high-spec machine or would a “bog standard”/average desktop do them? If they are going to work on the move, then you would also need to consider the spec of any laptops.l Once you know roughly what specs you need and approx numbers you should look at various manufacturers and compare the prices of PCs and/or laptops similar to the spec you need. Read through their sites to see what after-sales services they give such as repairs, etc.l Also if their are reviews of either seller and/or their products then have a good read of them as well.

Icechua,

SpacePhoenix makes some very good points. I just wanted to add that if you are looking to purchase something for business, you should get a PC that is easy and inexpensive to maintain. Some people may need specialized or less popular computers to do specific tasks. For example if you are into graphic arts or similar work, a Mac may be a better buy but if you are doing a lot of general purpose business activities (i.e. emailing, word processing, spread sheets, presentations, internet surfing,etc) then something that has broader appeal and that is compatiable with mainstream business related software (i.e. Microsoft office ) would be a good buy.

I’m partial to the Dell latitudes but that’s just my opinion. Toshiba also makes a good machine.

Also, if you go with windows, get 7 first until they work all the bugs out of 8.

Hope that helps,

Shawn

The things that you should take into consideration while choosing a PC for your business is what your business is into if it is into the IT sector you will need PC with high graphic cards and latest configuration with greater HDD and RAM. Also the OS comes into the picture you can use open source OS like linux, ubuntu or might go for windows depending on your budget. you might also approach a company which can give you discount on bulk purchase. Keep one thing in mind never comprise for quality because your computers are going to earn you money so choose them wisely