Agency Looking to F me. Any advice

I came across an ad where a cool agency was hiring; I applied, sent in my resume portfolio > went to the interview. They wrote me back stating they wanted to give me a try at a 1 month freelance relationship at my hourly rate. I said OK, I’m in; the first day - I was introduced to everyone and then shortly after everyone got really short; and just shoved me to work. They uttered a low mention ‘oh your contract, slightly’ while I was looking around wondering. “Go, Go, GO”. I worked for 4 days; and nada. “Just go, tons of stuff to do”

I’m dumb, I realize. Needless to say; I stopped working. Is there any chance I could get paid for those days I had worked?

(prob not :confused: )

I read your post twice, but I’m not sure if I understand what you are saying!

Where are you located at? In the US there are state a federal agencies that you can file a complaint with.

[FONT=verdana]Like Sagewing, I’m having difficulty understanding your post. In particular, what do you mean by “got really short”, and what is the “a low mention ‘oh your contract, slightly’”?

As for whether you’ll get paid, surely you should speak to the company about that. Nobody here can advise you without knowing the wording of your contract or why you decided to stop work.

Mike[/FONT]

Did you send them an invoice yet? If you were just working for them as an independent freelancer you will need to invoice them for your services. They will need an invoice in order to pay you. That might be a start.

Paul

I’m not sure if the poster is coming back, but I interpreted this as he was hired, he did work, he walked away, and he wants to be paid for the time he worked.

[FONT=verdana]

You’re probably right. If so, he really needs to discuss the situation with the client. It’s not the sort of issue that outsiders can advise on.

Mike[/FONT]

First things first, did you ask for your pay? Most companies will pay a couple of weeks after the person is fired or quits.

That depends on the circumstances. If you hire a full time employee then fire them you will probably have to pay them. If you hire a freelancer (as the poster said he was) then it really depends on the contract. In many contracts, there is some performance language that may allow the client to dispute the quality of the work and hence not pay.

I have a feeling more went on in this situation than the single quote that the original poster wrote, which was " ‘oh your contract, slightly’". It’s hard to interpret that one :slight_smile: