Ajax powered WordPress portfolio

Hi all,

First time here so apologies if this post is in the wrong place? I am after some help if possible?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. What I am trying to do is create a portfolio within a new clients site. To make this easy as possible the effect I am after is virtually the same as the portfolio section on this theme http://themeforest.n…rtfolio/1415600

I have managed to get isotope working and have a row of thumbs using the posts featured image. I would like it for the user to click. On a thumb and have Ajax load the content above it in a reveal type effect. Within this hidden div would basically be the single post featured image, title an content etc with the ability to skip to next/prev posts also in this hidden section.

As I said the example theme I have referenced in basically the exact effect I am after albeit with some different styling. Can anyone point me in the right direction or references to learn how to do this. It would be much appreciated. Thank you. Paul

P.s I am certainly not after copying any theme or design at all. I just want to learn how ti create a similar effect. Thanks for your help… Hopefully