Ajax result div display full self page in inner pages

I have a newsletter form in the footer of every page. I want to submit that form without refreshing the page. So i am posting it using ajax.

I am using below code which works only on homepage till i dont visit the inner pages.

Dont know why its showing strange behaviour on inside pages.

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $("#newsignup_bt").click(function() {
                $("#footer_result").show();
                $("#footer_result").fadeIn(400).html('<span class="load">Loading..</span>');
                $.ajax({
                    type: "POST",
                    url: "signup_footer.php",
                    data: $("#newslet_footer").serialize(),
                    cache: false,
                    success: function(data) {
                        $("#footer_result").html(data);
            			document.getElementById('foot_name').value='';
            			document.getElementById('foot_email').value='';
                    }

});

return false;
        });

});
</script>

Now what is happening is that this script is working perfectly on HOMEPAGE and sending and submitting data to database perfectly.

But when i go to inside pages and click the submit button, strange thing happens is

Like if i go to about us page or contact us page and these pages also have same form in the footer.

When i click the submit button on the about us page, Then the full about us page itself gets displayed in the RESULT DIV and form doesnt get submit.

When i click the submit button on the contact us page, Then the full contact us page itself gets displayed in the RESULT DIV and form doesnt get submit.

RESULT DIV (#footer_result) is the DIV which displays the “success” OR “error” message.

SUCESS Message : Your are subscibed to newsletter
Error Message : Error submitting form.

I Dont why is this happening. I have never experienced this kind of thing.

Hope you will be able to help me.

Thanks
Vineet

Do you have a link? I suspect that the $.ajax url is being applied relatively. Can you try adding a slash to the URL or just putting the full link to the file?:

url: "/signup_footer.php",

or

url: "http://yoursite.com/path/to/script/signup_footer.php"

Thanks OzRamos

It was exactly the path issue.

Thanks. Its solved now

Vineet

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.