Alexa Rank Got Increased

Hello Friends,

Upto last week one of my website’s Alexa Rank is 1,629,061, but today it gone upto 2,263,185. I don’t no the reason. Day by day I getting more visitor’s only. But I don’t no why its happened. Can you pleae tell me the solution. :pensive:

First, you shouldn’t take ranking so seriously. It’s not reliable. There are many reasons why this could happen. From people that used Alexa’s toolbar and visited your site… and then decided to uninstall the toolbar… to higher competition, with agressive marketing campaigns.

Your rank is not important. What’s important is that you’re having more visitors… and how they interact with your site. Do they stay for long? visit more than one page? Do they answer to your call for actions?

See, it is better to have 100 visitors that buy from you all the time, that 1 million visitors but only 10 real customers. Ranks are not really that important :wink:

2 Likes

I agree with @molona — congrats on growing your site’s traffic! Since Alexa is a rank, it could just mean that other sites have grown more quickly than yours in the meantime, or it could be Alexa’s notorious unreliability.

If you’re on track for your other business goals, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Thanks a lot @molona. It’s very useful for me.

1 Like

Thanks @Ophelie.

may be due to reduced traffic :smiley: :smiley:

That’s what you might expect, but if you read Aravindseo1’s first post, you’ll see that traffic is increasing - hence the puzzlement and the question.

These types of question help webmaster improve their knowledge about your traffic.
First of all I am agree @molona and @ophelie, its not important that how much Alexa ranking you are getting its important that how much targeted visitor you are getting in your website.

Still if you curious about the Alexa ranking increase try the following thing.

1. Use the Google analytic and compare the visitor country flow before and after ranking change.
    Alexa ranking is depend upon the visitor ranking also with the targeted country.

2. Check you competitor local search keywords.

3. Focus on local keywords rather than generic keywords. Use city, state and country in your keywords.

Hope this will help

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.