Alexa rank

can i increase my alexa rank within a week?

Try the steps as mentioned in the website, it might help you
http://www.doshdosh.com/20-quick-ways-to-increase-your-alexa-rank/

No… Highly impossible…

Alexa rank purely depends on the visitors. So first improve your visitors percentage.

• Jopson

The Alexa rank is measured according to the amount of visitors who’ve visited a website with the Alexa toolbar installed.

You can put up an Alexa rank widget on your website and write or Blog about Alexa to increase your Alexa rank.

yes. but why would you want to. it counts for nothing and changes nothing.

Nonsense. The widget does not affect your rank. You making that up.

Actually the Alexa ranks can be decrease and increase everyday depends on your traffics.

I do not believe that is possible.
Or you may be banned due to that. I would not recommend that.

Banned for doing what? No idea what you are talking about??

Every week I see an increase/decrease for many websites, so I do not think it is possible to do that. It goes up and down in time…

Yes you can… the good news is you get a bunch of your friends to install the toolbar, visit your website and click the thumbs up button… the bad news is Alexa is mocked in the web design industry because it’s like Nielsen ratings on TV, they count for absolutely nothing and are so disproportionate they do nothing but damage the whole image of what’s popular. Heck you may as well ask what your popularity ranking is on Twitter or Stumbleupon, at least those have enough users to get a general scope of your sites popularity. People who look to Alexa to improve their websites standing need to go back to marketing school :stuck_out_tongue:

Fact is, if you have a good traffic rank with Alexa, you can more easily sell
advertising and possibly charge more for it. Those who mock Alexa should
think again.

Can it be improved in one week? It can be improved overnight, but the rank
that really counts is the 90 day average.

In order to improve your Alexa rank you need visitors who have the Alexa
toolbar installed in their browser. If you can find a way to target them,
you’re all set.

Bompa

there are a lot ways to increase your alexa ranking one of this by traffic exchange or link exchange one of the bst site is +http://www.linkreferral.com/

Care to explain how link exchanges actually increase the Alexa ranking?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? The ALexa numbers are so easy to manipulate what is the point of looking at a competitors alexa ranking - how do you know if they have been manipulating it or not?

A great 24/7 work must be done, otherwise a week is not enough:-)

yes it is quite possible. Alexa rank comes from the average traffic of the last 3 months. So if you have a peak in traffic it will affect the alexarank.

Here is a tip: The results of alexa are biased. Use it only to compare sites of the SAME industry and of the same characteristics.

i think u need to get it to make some stakeholders happy who doesnt understand it doesnt worth any attention…
i have seen it can be much manipulated when i saw one 2 months old site was 2nd on the list of top site of my country…lol…and some others as well

Here are some of the factors that needs to be considered with regards to Alexa:

· Ranks Individual web sites.
· Rankings not on a specific numerical frame.
· Lower the rank, more the traffic.
· Concerned with traffic

lol…most important factor…make your site visitors install alexa toolbar and see it shooting like an star…:D:D