Altering jdoc "head" content

Doing a site in joomla and not wanting/needing mootools on the front end. Found a solution to remove it, including jquery BUT when I include the head, there is a script tag getting put in that has a function keepAlive() in it. This is causing an error on my page. Is there some sort of parameter I can set to keep this from showing up?

Current header looks like so:

<?php

// no direct access
defined('_JEXEC') or die;

$app = JFactory::getApplication();
$templateDir = JURI::base() . 'templates/' . $app->getTemplate();

// Remove mootool sripts for guest, registered and admin
$headerstuff = $this->getHeadData();
$headerstuff['scripts'] = array('/templates/geo_public_index/javascripts/jquery-1.6.4.min.js'=>'text/javascript','/templates/geo_public_index/javascripts/jquery-ui-1.8.16.custom.min.js'=>'text/javascript','/templates/geo_public_index/javascripts/jquery.tools.min.js'=>'text/javascript','/templates/geo_public_index/javascripts/public_index.js'=>'text/javascript');
$this->setHeadData($headerstuff);
?>

Also, I JUST coming into using this system as a CMS, anyone that maybe is more familiar with the system know if there are plans to allow templates to have ‘views’? So instead of having to create different templates for each page type I want, I can bundle different view types into one template and select like so in the back end?

Thanks for any help.