Am I allowed to do this in a FB Contest?

Hi,

Please check this image:
http://i62.tinypic.com/f1idl3.jpg

This is screenshot of my contest page content. I understand asking
people to share something as a “Entry Qualification” is not allowed.
Here I asked them to SHARE a post to increase winning chances.

I want to know if this is OK?

Thanks

@Harshadewa As far as I know, the like gate ban only applies to Facebook Apps and promotions on Facebook Pages.

You are not violating any policies by asking people to like a Facebook Page in order to join a contest that is not on Facebook.

However, unless your sole interest is to increase the number of fans on your page, you should not be incentivizing people to like your page, especially with prizes that are not relevant nor related to your business.

From past experience of helping clients to set up similar campaigns on Facebook (they wanted to show a high like count versus their competitors :stuck_out_tongue:), these giveaways will only attract freebie hunters who are participating in all the contests organized by companies on Facebook. Are these people your target audience? If they are not, don’t bother incentivizing them.

If you have happy customers or clients, they will like your page and engage with you content without any form of incentives. :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.