An Evil, Genius Glitter Delivery Site Goes for Gold

Originally published at: http://www.sitepoint.com/glitter-delivery-site-goes-gold/

Apparently all that glitters is gold, if you’re clever enough to tap into the darkest impulses of man.

ShipYourEnemiesGlitter.com is a service that does exactly what it sounds like it does: anonymously deliver an envelope chock-full of glitter to someone you hate (or who just really likes glitter, possibly), poised to explode when opened and ruin their day, and their near future.

It’s truly a product for these turbulent, untrustworthy times.

The concept is amusing, and so is the website itself, which offers an excellent FAQ section including. Example: “Q: My recipient got glitter in both eyeballs, is now blind & would like to file charges. Help?” “A: Heh.”

Just like the envelopes it delivers, interest in the service has been explosive. The service launched on January 12, and in the first 24 hours saw more than 2,500,000 visitors, more than 400,000 social media mentions, and took in just over $20,000 in sales off about 200 orders.

Continue reading this article on SitePoint
1 Like

I heard about this maybe a week ago on talk radio. The guy actually is thinking about shutting down because he’s sick of it all :stuck_out_tongue: .The glitter has ruined his life.

Perhaps the tweets were falsified but it’s still funny to think about.

As they say, Content is King Silly Content is King. :stuck_out_tongue:

He stopped taking orders several days ago… and I can’t say I blame him!

How do people think of this stuff???

Hah.

Final price: $85,000. That’s a lot of glitter!

4 Likes

Missed out on this one? Only have one enemy? ShipYourEnemyGlitter.com is also for sale!

(hat tip to @kyle_vermeulen!)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.