Anchor Link not cross browser

I have two pages- The first contains a single link to the second page. For some reason FF on a MAC is not jumping to the top of the body on teh second page. I have tried setting id="anchor-name and link to the anchor form the first page but it still will not work. On FF for MAC the link is going to a specific place each time in down the body of the next page.

http://nova.umuc.edu/~ct385a01/final/v2/

I don’t see a link on that page. What is causing the issue?

Sorry, I am still working on it, but the link is right in the center of the footer “Enter”

Ah, right. I did see it eventually, but I recommend you rethink this. You will lose a lot of visitors who don’t know what to do with that page. The Enter link is tiny and hard to see, depending on where the link appears over the background. Intro pages like this kind of went out a long time ago, and with good reason, I think. Why not just have that intro at the top of the page, along with the other content?

Anyhow, to the issue at hand: I’ve looked quite a bit and can’t see why the page is jumping to that spot, but it happens in every browser for me. It’s not JS that’s causing it, as I’ve tired with that turned off. :-/

@ralph,

Thank you for looking at it. I the id anchor and link worked on some. It puzzles me too. And thank you for your advise on the site. The size is on my list of small tweaks left. I also like the idea of just keeping it all on one scroll page. But how do I make the header which is currently fixed work? If I create a target link to the header navigation how then do I keep it fixed for the rest of the scroll?

On line 245 of the HTML is a #contact-form line that says:

<div>
        <label>
            <span>Name: (required)</span>
            <input placeholder="Please enter your name" type="text" tabindex="1" required [color=red]autofocus[/color]>
        </label>
    </div>

Delete the word “autofocus” to fix the problem.

@ronat,

Thank you! You the man. Although I have taken the approach mentioned previously buy keeping everything on a single page. I will post a new topic as this problem is resolved.

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, new issues should be posted in new threads.

Cheers!

Nice catch, Ron. :slight_smile: