Any advice on the best/safest way to set up a client for receiving payments?

Hello all.
I want to set up a client to take as many possible type of payments from their clients.
Any advice on the best way to set this up?
thx
D

You’ll need a payment gateway of some sort that works with whatever ecommerce solution you are using.

Paypay and authroize.net are typically supported in most situations, but I would recommend that you do some research on what works best for you and gives you the best rates.

Thank you Force will check them out.
D

Quickest way is probably using the Gravity forms plugin with Stripe as the payment processor.

Thank you as well Anthony. Will take a look at those, as it is, when it comes to financial issues. I’d rather go for safe over fastest. Last thing i’d want to do is set up a client (or myself for that matter)with a quick easy way to trouble :slight_smile:

Don’t forget that you’ll be needing a SSL certificate.

Whats that in a nutshell and how would one get one?

PayPal is the secure and fastest way of making money transactions online

The thing called SSL is a cryptographic protocol, that provides communication security over the Internet.
Basically, it’s the “s” letter at the URL you see at “https”(s=secured).
Mainly, clients won’t trust you if you haven’t acquired the protocol. You can get one at most hosting companies.
V

Thanks dude

lately paypal has been freezing funds deciding who gets paid rather than just process transactions, I realized that banks also do that on suspicious transactions but paypal seems to be doing it more arbitrarily.
Are there other/better alternatives?

if you get the ssl certificate. does this wound up being applied to the entire site or just the page where the user goes to enter payment details?
is there a thread or tutorial page w/more info on this?

Paypal is one of the best ways to do online transaction because it is most popular trusted platform for online transaction.

SSL(Secure Sockets Layer) is one type of protocol which transmits information in secure way within encrypted code via internet between client and website server.

You can also get SSL certificate from it’s brands authority or from reseller of the SSL certificate also. Purchase of SSL from reseller will give discount on the certificate but if you will go to buy it from brand authority you will not get discount on SSL Certificate. Because reseller buy them in bulk. Don’t worry regarding certificate quality because either you are purchase it from brand or reseller they are issued from the brand itself.

It depends upon which type of SSL you want to purchase as per your website requirements like for single domain, sub domains, multiple domains etc. For more detailed information regarding type of SSL certificate and its purpose refer this link http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=18922

Thx Force, actually had called up goDaddy for info on that. I thought it was somethign that might need to be coded in.
But got the info on merchants accts & etc. Now will leave it up to the client. Paypal is fine (except I think, when they start thinking that is up to them to decide who and when deserve the payments) But I think it is probab ideal to give the clients as many options as possible.
have a great day
D

pretty sure you want to offer your potential clients all options short of bartering chickens if possible (and you never know…). from paypal to checks down to credit cards.
In some age groups they might not have heard of paypal. Other might just prefer cards. I think trying to cover all bases is a good idea.