Any forums for social network OWNERS?

Hey,

Im trying to find somewhere thats for the owners of social networks.

Most places are for people using social networks to advertise etc. but I want to find a group of people that manage social networks.

Anyone know of any?

cpvr is one of our members that had a community and now he’s rebuilding it. Not a social network (like facebook or twitter) but a forum.

iFroggy who used to be part of the staff also handled a forum and knows a lot about community sites.

But I don’t know any members that handle social networks except our administrator, Hawk who is busy tweeting and e-mailing the Community Crier (our newsletter). I don’t know how she uses FB though.

The forum has a page in FB that I’m eager to revamp but I confess that I will not do it till June. I have particular reasons to wait for that month :slight_smile:

It’s fair to say that I run a pretty large social network. :wink:
I manage Twitter and FB for 3 sites and growing. The only group I belong to is for Community Managers in Melbourne. I’m happy to do some digging for you and see if there are any others around.

There’s a forum called socialnetworkowners.com but not a very active one.

Actually, this forum is for social network owners as well as those who actively use social networks. We’re happy to have you here!

You can promote your social networking site through many forums blogs etc. I don’t think there is any famous sites only for promote your social networking site.

I don’t think he was asking how to promote his social networking site but if there were any specifics forums for people that own a social networking site where he can find and debate about the specifics problems and solutions of these type of webs :slight_smile:

Sorry to everyone that replied!

I didnt think anyone replied to this thread because I didnt get any notification emails.

Thanks for the reply molona, I’m hoping to get some help from people that do actual social networks rather than forums - Although similar I think the promotion / management would be a bit different.
I’ve owned and run forums for years but this is my first social network.

Hey HAWK!
I would love to hear some more from your experience on management and promotion :slight_smile: I think I could learn a lot from you!

There’s a forum called socialnetworkowners.com but not a very active one.

Thanks for the link, I had a look but like you said, its pretty much empty unfortunately.

Actually, this forum is for social network owners as well as those who actively use social networks. We’re happy to have you here!

Hopefully I can learn from others while starting off and while my site develops, help other members :slight_smile:

I don’t think he was asking how to promote his social networking site but if there were any specifics forums for people that own a social networking site where he can find and debate about the specifics problems and solutions of these type of webs

Yep that’s right :slight_smile:
I think there are a lot of things different between managing a forum and a social network.

Right now I just have the 1 site but I am using the same business model and most code and changing the design to do the same for different local regions here.

Thanks again for the replies and help!

No problem. Fire away with any questions that you have an I’d be happy to answer them.