Any tips on starting a blog?

Simply don’t thing about any other and take topic like which you know very well and can describe in brief in simple language. And there is not any necessary for that you use any hard and impressive language for your blog. And choose keywords by Google adwards tool which is good for you.

If your concern is grammar get an editor. Like what Oscar Wilde did. :smiley:

I think you’re already got a good start by basing your blog on one topic. Research shows that blogs that are about anything and everything usually doesn’t get a lot of attention. Stick to writing about just web tutorials, use spell check, add in some images to visually enhance the reader, and update consistently and I think your blog will grow over time!

I too am starting a blog. It’s not completed, but it’s getting there. Here are some tips which might help.

1. Write compelling content.
  2. Have a easy to navigate design with a user friendly approach.
  3. Make the website load quick
  4. Check all the on-page SEO factors, the more quality content you have the better
  5. Write about people’s interests and what interests you
  6. For one blog consider using WP, for more than one consider using Drupal.
  7. Don’t underestimate WordPress, it’s very powerful and easy to learn.

You’ll quickly find what you’re practicing on is what you’re probably going to fall in love with and use the most.

and on that note…

Proudly Powered by WordPress

Although WordPress and Drupal are very popular, there are scads of good blog platforms. You can find a free one that suits your needs at Open Source CMS Demos.

I have blogs in both WordPress and ModX and I much prefer ModX because it allows me to design exactly as I’d like to without using all the work-arounds, widgets, and plugins necessary in WordPress.

Off Topic:

I have blogs in both WordPress and ModX and I much prefer ModX because it allows me to design exactly as I’d like to without using all the work-arounds, widgets, and plugins necessary in WordPress.

:frowning: proudly powered by wordpress

It sounds like you’re doing it from the kindness of your heart. I think you could use a lot of infographics to supplement if you’re not confident with your writing skills (I suck at writing too, lol) I think that you could really help people with the very basic tutorials. :slight_smile: Good luck :slight_smile: Share when you’re done

That’s what they are there for…use them :slight_smile: I think you’ll notice that the more you write, the better you will get. And the more you use thesaurus/dictionary the less you will need them. But don’t feel bad or self-conscious about it…they are tools, after all. I’ve got a degree in English Literature and I have to use those tools ALL the time!

Not necessarily so…why wouldn’t YOURS be better than someone elses? Before writing a post you might search around the web and read other posts on the same topic. What are THOSE posts missing that you could provide? Or how could you simply get the point across better?

I think it would be good idea to have both advanced and beginner tutorials.

what ever u do like webwork , for going in this huge competition of internet world u need SEO (search engine optimization) if its good u will be the king :smiley:

try to post the content as early as possible :slight_smile: if u copy from other blogs

and make changes in the title of ur article just the was users search for it :wink:

and submit the article in all the social bookmarking website and networking website as u already own fan pages and groups :smiley:

and submit all ur rss feeds to related auto feed websites soo that they will update ur content as soon u post in ur website :slight_smile:

and make good backlinks dialy :smiley:

So you are suggesting, bloggers steal content from other blogs and promote it as their own? That is called plagiarism, and is ilegal, unethical and most likely wouldn’t help you too much anyways. Furthermore that is black-hat and we don’t discuss things like that around here.

That is SEO work and is irrelevant to the discussion.

The question here is how do you start a blog. You certainly can’t optimize one until it’s been started. TheRaptor is right. Stick to the point. If you’d like to discuss SEO, please join a thread in that forum.

Online start a site if you can both enjoy and potentially monetize it. Never just do it for the money, because there is not a lot of money there for most individuals. However, I understand that it can be a real goldmine for some. :slight_smile:

Please start reading as many novel, Newspapers, Articles, etc. The more you’ll read more knowledge you’ll get. Similarly your Grammar will improve automatically. Only thing now is start reading & write immediately in a book in your own words of what you have understood from so & so article. This will help you to improve your vocabulary & your grammar by comparing both language. Hope I have helped you in your query i bet this will really help you.

Good point @Jasica; - If you want to be a good writer, read as many books as you can get your hands on. It not only helps improve your grammar, spelling and writing style, but is also a great source of inspiration.

there are several things:

you have to write about things you love.

your writing style has to be catchy and interesting.

you have to write about interesting things, but be unique at the same time.

you have to do some SEO to get visitors, otherwise you will not stay focused.

GOOD LUCK :slight_smile:

as the beginner you must have to choose a good layout for your blog. it much match with your content and your subject. give your blog a good unique name and put your tutorials there.you can put your blogs link to diffrent social bookmarking websites to get good traffic.

Hi Akurtula,

There are a lot of things you should know before starting a blog. Having a blog is easy but having a great blog is hard, hard to get there and hard to maintain that, you must work a lot on link-building/promoting/writing/being innovative. I always ask myself one important question before starting a new website - “what will make my website more special than the others existent?” and I always try to find the answer, if I can’t find an answer for that question it means that I’m not good enough to start that website and I hate starting things that I can’t do properly on a high level. I would use Wordpress and a .com domain if I were you, also, try to find a good blog name, easy to keep in mind, easy to pronounce and positive. I wish you good luck!

Start with a free blog service like wordpress or blogger. Write original and useful content as many times a week as you can. Promote your site by pinging it, linking it to directories and other blogs.

First, just write about things that you passionate and know about, blogging on specific niche I think is matter a lot. Then, do blog walking to build relationship with other bloggers and to let people know about your blog. Traffic will follow, don’t focus on making money from your blog, unless that’s what you’re intended to do from the beginning.

Buy a grammar book and in your free time try to teach yourself some of the basics.

Maybe even have a close friend read over your stuff before you post it.