Anybody using Stylizer: Another CSS editor?

If you hate dinking around with CSS like I do, you will love Stylizer.

Unlike other tools, Stylizer doesn’t mess with your HTML. I develop dynamic web apps. So I need a tool like this that doesn’t conflict with the HTML layout which my application framework needs to “own”. I get the CSS concepts, and have built the HTML to include the proper <div> and class/id entities.

However, I am not so good at putting on the finishing touches with CSS-- Stylizer to the rescue. I can quickly produce pixel perfect rendering that is 98% of the way there, and if the client wants to adjust the fonts and spacing, the attributes are set up for any final adjustments.

You may wonder if this reviewer knows what he is talking about-- and perhaps not. I only discovered Stylizer this morning, and used the trial for a couple hours. But I immediately purchased the full version so I can test out other web browsers.

I AM JUST TOO TIRED OF DINKING AROUND WITH CSS!!!

I totally agree with you DoctorJava. I have spent a lot of time messing about with css in text editors for multiple sites and I got sick of it pretty quickly and that’s when I found Stylizer. That was when they were up to version 4. I am using 5 now and creating and editing css is so easy.

I really don’t understand why everyone isn’t using it.

As for text/code editors, they really aren’t that great for editing visual elements of websites, especially not in realtime. But I guess that comes down to what you like.

Hello,

I would suggest forget about CSS and HTML editors, they mess all the final code. For static web sites somebody can accept this but this is no good when doing dynamic web sites.

My humble recommendation:
Study a lot and code by hand your HTML and CSS if you plan to use that in dynamic web sites done with php, asp etc.

Hope this helps.
Best regards
joejac

If you’re interested in a Linux port of Stylizer, go vote. :slight_smile:

The problem is that doing art and coding don’t go together very well.
Until now, creating website’s visuals involves more coding than actual creation. The result is this : 99% of websites look like bland messy things with flat colours, a few ramps and round corners that make them look oh-so-modern. Stumbling upon a site that looks like it’s been dressed by an artist is extremely rare.
Stylizer changes this a bit, making the whole thing more visual. While still giving you nearly full control over the code.

So, if you’re purely a coder, notepad++ or any code editors coupled with firebug will probably suit all your needs.
But if you have even the slightest artistic inclinations, Stylizer is the way to go !

This was my humble opinion. :wink:

Stylizer have impressed me more than any other program I’ve used.
Really easy to learn.

There’s no problem using it for webapps/dynamic pages. On the contrary.

I highly recommend it. It will save you a thousand headaches!

Checkout StyleBot Chrome Addon, it’s like the CSS for FireBug but it’ll give you the output of the CSS you edited so it’s easy to save.

And don’t forget to “RESET” the page once you’re done :slight_smile: