Anyone else using Clementine for the Music Application?

So I just found Clementine and I love it! Prior I was using Amarok but I don’t recall why exactly I uninstalled it. I think it dealt with some weird issue with performance or it losing my playlist.

Anyway, I just searched for a replacement player and came across Clementine, now I’ve only been using it for 15 minutes, but so far, I’m thrilled! Not only does it handle the reading of mp3 tags, cover art, a built in equalizer, interfaces with various online services, and it has a remote app that you can use on your phone!

So the phone part is what has my inner child screaming right now with glee. I not only can see what is playing, I can alter the volume, advance the playlist, and download the songs locally to my phone.

I’m not sure how many of you may be using iTunes or similar to manage your collections, but if you have a moment, you may want to try out Clementine.

Anyone else using Clementine? Anyone else using something different that they absolutely love?

Clementine lover here too!

I use it for years now for local audio files and web radios, as I remember I didn’t found any audio players who are as attractive as Clementine (I already significally used WMP, Winamp and AIMP).

In addition to the shiny features you described, I would add the user interface : it’s clean, it’s simple, and it’s not bloated. The only negative thing I can say : the releases are very spaced but full of new features and bugfixes (as of today, no release since 23 Apr 2014 but it seems they are hard at work).

I’ll need to check it out. I use AIMP myself, been doing for years and very happy with it. But I don’t know if there’s something better under the sun :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.