Anyone tried FatCow?

I’ve come across this website due to a friends recomendation. 5$/ month sounds pretty cheap, althow they promise a lot for this price. What do you guys think? Anyone tried it yet?

Hello,

From what I’ve read on webhostingtalk they seem to have a great reputation. Hopefully there’s some users on this forum who can give you a review.

Have you tried searching for reviews on Google? If you do watch out for the ‘top review’ websites because many of them only promote a host based on the commissions they offer.

Jack

I know someone who uses fatcow. He likes them. I didn’t like their non-standard cpanel. But shared hosting is shared hosting…

You get what you pay for. However $5 per month for simplest web hosting plan is not the cheapest rate.
If you doubt - do the search for some of their reviews over there.

From what I’ve read on webhostingtalk they seem to have a great reputation.

They do? Not as far as I recall. :slight_smile:

Anyway, my experience with them (a bit dated now, 8-9 months ago) makes me describe their service as unsuited for anything that relies on CMSes or databases in general, due to server performance being… less then perfect. Uptime of about 99.8% for a one year period, which is worse than many other hosts have been able to achieve.

My experience with iPage (which is essentially the same hosting platform, the same staff etc. as Fatcow) suggests that things have not changed.

Thanks for the reviews guys. I’ll keep that in mind.

You are welcome.
In any way you always can get your money back during their moneyback guarantee period.

Well, I have not tried this company personally but 5$ per month is quite high rate as research bring many companies out offering 2 $ per month for shared hosting. You may give them a try if yo like by keeping their money back guarantee in mind :slight_smile:

give them a try if they have money back guarantee , I would recommend you to check HostGator, Arvixe, Shopaserver pretty good hosts and prices.