Anyone uses copyscape.com?

I use it as a premium member. It’s invaluable for checking work from writers as even some freelance writers occasionally attempt to pass off something they’ve just copied from another site, or failed to rewrite effectively.

It’s better to write your own articles, then you don’t have to worry about it. I don’t have any experience with copyscape but in college my professors used turnitin.com

I also use copyscape.com and i think its best because it not only check the originality of the content but also make comparison of copied content and provide you a detailed report. Its fun to use copyscape.

I couldn’t agree more and here’s another scenario:

A client sends you content to rewrite or edit in hopes of improving position is search engine results. You run it through copyscape and find it verbatim on dozens of other sites. If you rewrite it, it is still plagiarized and you have opened both yourself and your client up to potential legal problems. It’s much better to alert your client of the potential problem, do the research and write something original. However, without copyscape or a similar application, you might never have known.

Recently this very thing happened to me. Page after page of content appeared in numerous sites (up to 63) that copyscape found. In doing a Google search for the client’s keywords, none of the offending copy was on first page of the results, even though some of the sites were high-profile, nationally known brands. Apparently search engines do find and penalize duplicate content.

We use copy-scape its a great tool to check the quality of articles :slight_smile:
We generally uses it most when we have to test a new candidate to see weather the content written by them is genuine or copied. :wink:
it fun sing copy-scape :smiley:

Ya I m using the copyscape.com. Where you can easliy find the duplicate content. It is very useful site.

I used to use copyscape when I worked as an article writing freelancer. However it was mostly used by those who would hire me to check if my content was unique.

i am using copyscape premium service since last couple of years. no other tool can recognize duplicate content so easily as copyscape. it is the best

I believe this question has been answered several times. Thread closed.