Anyone who embraces responsive webdesign is stupid

We can only advise people from our professioanl standpoint.

If they want marquee text and blinking images, against my wishes, who am I to stop them? I’m getting paid for it.

Make your recommendations, point out you’re the professional (you know the industry), and if they don’t want to listen, they won’t listen.

Yeah, but my point was that I spent a lot of time developing my website - and then I stole some of my design for my client’s website - and I was quite proud of what I did. Then I tried to find other clients, and quickly I surmised that your average person doesn’t appreciate my simple design.

They think I am a bad developer (and designer) because it doesn’t look like some picturesque WordPress template.

If only most people felt this way… :disappointed:

“He who pays the piper…” :slight_smile:

I think Facebook are big enough not to have to pander to Google’s recommendations. They have the fame, user base and serps regardless. Plus they have their app for mobile users. But its not the same for every site.
I think the difference in opinion comes from the difference in the sites we have in mind, you are specifically taking about very big, complex sites, the likes of which I have not worked on.

I think that it’s absurd for everyone on either side of this issue to be comparing a site like Amazon or Facebook to sites that might be made for a local, regional, or heck, even a large international business (like many people’s clients or employers here). Not saying there aren’t applicable principles, but remember that once you’re in that market of billions, the rules, at least somewhat, are different. People would still go to those places even if they hate the design - in sum. Of course some wouldn’t (and don’t) but that’s not stopping the juggernaut.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.