Apache server will not interpret PHP file for browser

I will as soon as I get back home. I need to hurry up a bit. I do apologize for the delay though.

Molona,

Please send an email to me at <snip />advising me of when would be a good time to attempt a remote session with you. I can email / confirm back to you with a phone number to reach me at.

thanks,

Tom

We advise to our members not to publish personal information. You could receive loads and loads of spam :wink:

I’ve sent you the file and I do hope that it will work. Let me know if it doesn’t

Using XAMPP shouldn’t involve so much fiddling around. These things are meant to work without fuss. I don’t use Windows, but I just visited the XAMPP site and they mention that for the latest version …

Important:
PHP in this package needs the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582. Please ensure that the VC++ 2008 runtime libraries are installed on your system.

May be a red herring, but if you have the latest version, did you try that?

Molona,

Good news. I completely uninstalled the XAMPP product(s), deleted the folder and downloaded the software and reinstalled it.

It is now working just fine. The modules (Apache and MYSQL both start as services) and I can now run the today.php file and get the desired result.

Looks like, at least for the time being, I won’t need your remote assistance, but I might need it later on.

Thanks so much for hanging in there with me and getting me this far.

Tom

Well done. As you can see, perseverance and trying different things does work. Do remember it because you’ll feel frustrated over and over but then, suddenly, you’ll find the answer.

Great job and it was my pleasure to be able to help, although you did all the work yourself :smiley: