Apple Watch and wearable tech

Would you buy one?

If not, do you have any other type of wearable tech, from the pebble, fitbit, or google glasses? Would you consider designing apps for them?

I have a fitbit that I barely use, because it tends to distract me more than it enriches my life. I grew up wearing watches so I’m comfortable with seeing the time on my wrist, but some of these new devices I find too distracting - my phone is capable of doing most of what I need so I’m happy with that.

Anyone in the same boat?

Not the current one being released. Maybe the next one or, more probable, the one after that. The technology needs to advance a bit for me to want it.

Nope. In fact, I don’t even wear my dumb watch anymore as I found it to be more distracting than useful.

The only technology I carry on me is my phone and that is for productivity purposes, it lets me have my notes at a single swipe record things that I feel are important, and take photos of diagrams we may draw out in a conference room.

My wife on the other hand has a fitbit and a smartphone. She primarily uses both for her exercise/weight loss routines and loves the combination of the two as they seamlessly work together.

Wouldn’t buy one. I don’t have much interest in wearable tech - I have a fitbit but that’s it. I find it interesting, but wearable tech just hasn’t connected with me as yet. I find things like smart watches and google glass quite intrusive and kind of overkill.

Not only that… but I kind of find the Apple Watch pretty unattractive - both the interface and the product design.

It is overkill; even the way it’s advertised. Rumour has it Apple will be redesigning its stores to make it more attractive for people to buy the more expensive $10-17K watches, apparently because people need to stand on carpet when making such a purchase. Also it will be “less attractive to tourists and truants,” which I assume means these are people who frequent genius bars.

Well I thought the first iPad was a bad idea so shows what I know! lol For me, I think the watch is oriented for someone with a different lifestyle than mine. I have an iPhone which I LOVE!

I do have a Fitbit One which I love! It’s simple but gives me info I want. I love the sleep monitoring feature but too often I forget to start it.

I’m sure Apple knows it’s not gonna have gold watches flying off the shelf.

I scornfully hated it. I thought it was unnecessary and hideously overpriced and a bit naff.

Then I watched the keynote.

Damnit, Apple.

Now I kind of think it’s neat and if I was a rich kid, I’d get one. Ugh. Shame.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind to use Apple in the same way that I don’t mind if I could have a more powerful computer (I’m happy with mine)

But when I buy, normally I buy Android. The only think that I don’t like about Apple is that you’re kind of restricted to Apple Store.

I don’t use wearables so I don’t care about those. Now, I’ve seen the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and that’s certainly cool. A bit too pricey for me to get one but I would also love to have one of those lol

I’m rather older, so perhaps out of touch. But the last thing I need from Apple (or anyone else) is a watch. I have skinny wrists, so a watch always slipped down and irritated that bone on the outside of my wrist. I haven’t worn a watch for 15 years or so and have been loving my watch-less condition. Also it looks like a Nano. …and sounds like the battery life sucks even worse.

This product offering just is not cutting edge. I don’t know what I expected Apple to invent and amaze me with, but this watch is not it. I wonder how long they can coast on their laurels. I suspect, with this sort of product, ten years? or so?

iWatch doesn’t make sense to me, especially the price :slight_smile: i’m sure if we wait for a while… the more alike will come to the market like flood, the one with right function and reasonable price.

I would wear iWatch only if will happen to receive one as gift. I would never spend money on it : -)

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.