April Photo Challenge: A Piece of Paper

This month we take a break from the digital world with the topic “A Piece of Paper”. Blank or used, flat, wrinkled, or folded. Show us how creative you can be with your camera!

Our winner has a choice of any of the prizes below. Runner up receives their choice of our selection of ebooks.

1.One month subscription to a SitePoint Learnable course. Learnables are online courses that span the range of web development from getting started with PhotoShop or vector art to Designing or Programming your website. Browse SitePoint’s Learnable Courses here.

1. Your choice of SitePoint’s Ebooks. Our latest is Responsive Web Design in a Weekend. Learn responsive techniques to make your designs look magnificent on any device. Browse and view sample ebooks here.

So, get to clicking!

Please take the time to view last month’s challenge and vote for your favorite.

Note: We’re always looking for new ideas for photo challenges. If you have one you’d like to suggest, please post it here and we’ll add it to the list.

Here’s my two cents…

proof that advertising works…

fortay: The word is forte! :smiley:

Nice paychecks! :lol:

I can’t spell but frequently know that a word is misspelt (mispelled)?

Yes the monthly cheque certainly is an inspiration to continue striving for the exhorbitant returns according to the marketing emails that bloat the inbox :slight_smile:

Amazing that you can spell ‘exhorbitant’ but misspell misspelled! :stuck_out_tongue: (BTW… misspelled is one of the most often misspelled words!)

May I use more than one sheet of paper, or is that cheating?

I’m sure there is at least one piece of paper there so I don’t think it’s cheating. :slight_smile:

[FONT=Verdana]

IIRC, there are eight - two of each colour in each half of the box - but it’s a while since I made it, so I wouldn’t swear to that. :)[/FONT]

[ot]

“Misspelt” is an accepted alternative (and that’s how it’s pronounced in British English). [/ot]

[ot]
Misspelt was spelled correctly, but misspelled was not. :p[/ot]

Back on topic - A piece of paper

Decisions, decisions…

one from the display…

maybe from the store…

or even a roll from the shelf?

A paper aeroplane:

The world seen through a piece of paper :slight_smile:

[FONT=Verdana]

Clever - I like it. :tup: Nice shade of paper, too. :)[/FONT]

Thanks. It’s white, a normal sheet of A4 printer paper rolled up :smiley:
The sun was almost in front of me (a bit to the right), the color is a result of the sunlight penetrating from the entrance and through the paper.

Very nice. How did you manage to capture it so neatly in flight?

And a very nice touch is the real plane in the right top corner :smiley:

[FONT=Verdana]

:o

In that case, it’s a lovely effect. :)[/FONT]

I would like to say quick reactions @guido00 ; but I cheated a bit. It was still very hard anyway as the wind was blowing hard and I only took this one photo and feel lucky to get it. I was trying for the plane in the background but as I say the wind was a pain and I could not get the setup I wanted.

Anyway I hung the paper aeroplane on cotton and then cloned the cotton out afterwards :cool:

Your rolled up paper was a good idea as well - I have been scratching my head for something to submit to this thread.

nice, Its made me nostalgic and Its remind my child hood game.

hahahaahh…it rally a great amount.