April shout-out: What would you save if your house was on fire?

You can only take one thing and the assumption is that all other living creatures will be able to get out on their own.

What would you save and why?

ooo i don’t have to think long about this! as with most things :shifty:

I would take my “sentimental collections” box :blush: basically things i’ve kept from my bf and family members that I hold dear, these things are irreplaceable! :hush:

My mattress. Then I’d be able to sleep comfortably outside.

Plus all my savings are stashed in it. :shifty:

my cheat sheet upon which are written all my passwords… hunnerts of dem

My computer! Definitely my computer will be the first that is saved. Second comes my phone, the rest are insured. :smiley:

Most likely my phone.

I have a lot of work on my laptop (which I should probably backup online at some point), however being able to contact people easily comes before all of that, for me.

Second to my phone would be my acoustic guitar. A house fire would be extremely traumatic, so I’d have something to keep me sane.

Then, third, would be my laptop.

I think it would be my lap top, although … not sure !

hmmm… this is a tricky one…

I guess some Photo Albums… and a couple of guns that are family heirlooms.

Computer and ext. hard drive would be next I guess…

Pretty sure the rest are just material possessions that could be replaced. The sentimental irreplaceable items would definitely be first.

First, my kids with their mother. Second, the phones. Third, me :slight_smile:

No Chris, All living persons can get out , it’s what you’d take with you ( Wife, children , dogs cats etc are o.k. )

My external backup drive

Phones are more important than you? :eek:

As for me, I haven’t a clue. By the time I made that decision, would I ever chance into such a situation, there’d be very little left of me!

Document container with passport, originals of certificates and wallet with all my bank cards. PC: important stuff is backed up remotely. Would suck to lose it, but the original documents cannot be replaced and that would suck worse IMO.

I keep copies of all emergency type stuff like that ^ in our metal shed so that I don’t have to worry about it if the place burns down.

I’d grab my photo albums. It’ll be much easier for the next generation (I’m 35) - all their photos will be on a server somewhere.

important documents! That’s what my mother told me when I was a child, and now have passed it on my daughter. lol

Hmm. Would have to be my guitars first, then my mac if i could carry that as well.

My MacBook Pro… and meh, maybe the wife too.

Where do you live, and when are you typically away from home? :smiley:

My rubiks cubes, and then my laptop and my monitor/keyboard if I can carry it.’

Although my rubiks cubes willl probably be too much to carry anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

You people are insane… not one of you mentioned your hard disks, I have external hard disks which have backup’s of everything I’ve produced over the years. It also includes photos, passwords, notes, documents… pretty much my entire life has been digitally converted and stores on a drive which I can carry round with me :stuck_out_tongue:

nothing!
There is nothing that’s worth dying for. Things can be replaced, code can be rewritten - photo’s would be sad but hey, not worth frying for!!!