Are Profile Backlinks Really Effective?

I think with the new panda update google does not like them very well. There are very spammy and lost of forums are gettng away from this because of the software out there that will do thousands a day.

I think huge traffic get from profile backlink. But do not get any rank from there.

Profile backlink is not all for SEO. But they have geed effect in SEO.If you are abashed of getting penalize again its bigger to point your profile links to your web 2.0 properties that link to your site. This way your site wont get penalize directly.

So, I should create a whole lot of profile links to my competitors to get them penalized?

i personally notice that these type of backlinks have not effective…i think the reason is that these backlinks have low quality backlinks.because these backlinks coming from your personal profile page and your personal profile page never get any page rank.and also these backlinks never get indexed very easily.

There’s that but there is also the fact that you don’t really get penalized for poor backlinks. If you could get penalized that would mean anyone could sabotize competition.
Therefore I think if it dosen’t take up too many minutes why not do it? If you are doing link building (with quality links) and use few hours to it, why not use extra 10 minutes for poor ones?

Because that is 10 minutes you could have spent doing something that actually helps.

I heard someone said it’s a good and quick way to help websites rank in the first page, I heard someone said it’s a totally crap. And I tried it myself, well, not that well or that bad, just a normal backlink building method.

No its not. Other methods of building backlinks are not parasitic and do not rely on the abuse of other peoples web properties.

Go back in 6-12 months and see how many of them are still indexed or even exist…