Are these meta tags superior than mine? then why do they rank better than me?

Hi all:

ARE THESE META TAGS SUPERIOR THAN MINE?
THEN WHY DO THEY RANK BETTER THAN ME?

The first set is how my page looks:

<meta name=“blah, blah, blah,”>
<META NAME=“Keywords” CONTENT="blah, blah, blah, ">
<meta name=“robots” content=“ALL”>
<META name=“robots” content=“index,follow”>
<META name=“revisit-after” content=“3 days”>
<meta name=“author” content=“NOT BLAH, NOT BLAH, NOT BLAH,”>
<meta name=“distribution” content=“Global”>
<META NAME=“subject” CONTENT=“NOT BLAH, NOT BLAH, NOT BLAH,”>
<META NAME=“page-type” CONTENT=“NOT BLAH, NOT BLAH, NOT BLAH,”>
<META NAME=“page-topic” CONTENT

(btw, “NOT” blah means that the words there don’t match the words and phrases used in meta name and meta keywords)

Here is theirs:

<meta name=“keywords” content=“blah, blah, blah” />
<meta name=“description” content=“blah, blah, blah” />
<meta name=“FSAccessControl” content=“” />
<meta name=“FSChildTemplate” content=“default.html” />
<meta name=“FSDateCreation” content=“08/24/09 01:20 PM” />
<meta name=“FSDatePublish” content=“08/24/09 01:20 PM” />
<meta name=“FSFLContent” content=“yes” />
<meta name=“FSLanguage” content=“en-US” />
<meta name=“FSOnSitemap” content=“yes” />
<meta name=“FSPageDescription” content=“” />
<meta name=“FSSearchable” content=“yes” />
<meta name=“FSWritertoolPageType” content=“CustomPage” />
<meta name=“FSSection” content=“blah, blah, blah” />
<meta http-equiv=“content-type” content=“text/html; charset=utf-8” />
<meta http-equiv=“content-language” content=“en-US” />
<meta content=“blah, blah, blah” property=“og:title” />
<meta content="blah, blah, blah =“og:site_name” />
<meta content=“blah, blah, blah” />
<meta content=“288191961271713” property=“fb:page_id” />
<meta property=“og:url” content=“http://www.blah.com/blah-blah-blah-Overview/” />
<meta property=“og:type” content=“article” />

The owner of the second set of meta tags ranks far far far beyond anybody else (myself included). Even when I type the search phrase in a search engine EXACTLY as appears in my Title tag, their pages (with Title tags that don’t even have one keyword that matches their Title or my Title) still out rank everybody else.

What gives?

Is there some other Mojo out there (don’t say content either–my content is far superior. I have as much as 10 pages of quality content written up as opposed to theirs. For every 1 page of content in a particular topic that they have, I have 3 to 5 more content pages with properly placed H1, H2 tags, etc.). And don’t say sites linking back to them, they don’t have those either. Nor do I. Although I’m contemplating submitting my site to a LINK DIRECTORY related to our topic. (I read here that those don’t matter anymore).

NOTE: I do have my own You Tube videos (around 340 of them) where my site’s URL appears in the description of the video as a link BACK to my site. (Does that overcome my HTML Tag problem?)

They do have a blog, though, contained within their site. I’m working on doing the same. It’s not finished yet.

ONE BIG ADVANTAGE THEY HAVE: My site is new. It’s been in its current form for about 6 to 8 months.
Theirs has been number one on the first page of Google / Yahoo for about 3 to 5 years now.

So, other than the amount of time in the number one position, and the blog, how can I optimize my tags, etc, so that now I’ll be the one in the number position?

I am actually number 3 or 7 on some Google/Yahoo searches for some of my pages, even after only about 6 months.

Should I use ALL of the same exact meta tags they are using?

Is their setup a SUPERIOR setup than mine?

I have been reading here that most of the meta tag stuff is just fluff and doesn’t really matter much at all. Is that true?

Their meta tags have nothing to do with it. Most of those meta tags are for third-party platforms like Facebook. And all the FS----- stuffs seems to be nothing but CMS related functions.

Please do not cross-post. The active thread is here: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?893815-Are-Their-Meta-Tags-Superior-To-Mine