Article: Code-Free Scrolling Animations and Micro-Interactions with Webydo

An excerpt from http://www.sitepoint.com/code-free-scrolling-animations-and-micro-interactions-with-webydo/, by @mrdanielschwarz

This article was sponsored by Webydo. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who make SitePoint possible.

Webydo is a professional web-based application for designers who want to create and manage web and mobile sites for their clients, without writing code. We’ve written about Webydo before on SitePoint, but a lot has changed in the product since then. Last week, Webydo announced their new platform which includes an all-new interface, improved stability and performance, and all the tools needed to create fast and responsive websites. What’s more, Webydo’s website received a complete overhaul by Hello Monday, a world-renowned design agency.

I knew of Webydo long before I tried it out for myself because I follow their customer’s web experiments on Behance, but when I saw this Game Of Thrones -inspired website by Sarit Evrani – a well known Israeli digital artist – which tests the capabilities of Webydo’s parallax tools, I had to try it for myself.

Parallax scrolling is when a background (either the whole website body, or a specific section) is moving at a slower rate than the foreground elements, creating a 3D effect as you scroll down the page. Despite a degree of backlash from critics regarding its user experience, it looks wonderful when executed correctly.

Continue reading this article on SitePoint.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.