Article: How to Deal With Slow Times at Work

An excerpt from http://www.sitepoint.com/how-to-deal-with-slow-times-at-work/, by @LaurenH

In high school, I ran my father’s drop store from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. during the weekdays.

I loved it because I got paid $12 per hour (which was a lot for kid who had no bills to pay) to do my homework since this was the slowest time of the day.

Since before I can remember I’ve never been one to waste time.

Being inefficient drives me crazy. And so I always ensure I have something(s) to work on at all times during “the slow times” – whether that be 15 minutes between meetings or two months between projects.

Consider these nine fruitful ways to spend your slow time.

1. Create and/or Monetize Your Assets

Do you have a course you’ve been dying to make? What about an ebook you’ve been dying to write? Maybe you have loads of professional photographs you shot and own the rights to – why not sell them to a stock photo site?

Depending on your speciality, it’s very likely you have robust mess of assets, like, blog posts, PowerPoint presentations, photography, vectors, etc. Slow time is the perfect time to organize, combine and spice up your oldies but goodies and transform these assets in the rough into passive income.

Continue reading this article on SitePoint

Agreed… As long as you’re OK for money, my slow times are often my most productive :smile:

I could do with one right now…

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.