Article popularity/ranking script?

I’m not sufficiently tech-minded to be able to properly explain what I want, so here goes…

I want to be able to compile ‘league tables’ of liked posts from any site on the web (but specifically limited to business-advice sites) - where web users submit a ‘here’s an article I liked’ notification of the title and url to a site of mine and the submissions are compiled into a listing of article name + url + number of times submitted. Such lists can reflect daily, weekly, monthly and ongoing changes.

I don’t want a Digg-type thing where suggestions are listed and then voted up-or-down, but for the tables to be based purely on ‘raw submissions from the source’.

Leaving the obvious difficulties of promoting the thing so that enough people become aware of and use it (although there’s no firm reason why it can’t become as accepted as a Digg or Facebook ‘like’ button), I’m wondering where to even begin looking for the tech scripts etc - which appear to be two parts: submission of the info, and then compilation thereof.

Suggestions appreciated, please and thanks etc.

I can’t edit the original, so here’s a modified re-ask…

Can anyone recommend a script which provides stripped-down Digg-type facilities… automatically producing a billboard chart-type list of ‘what’s popular now’ as suggested by viewers - who can suggest articles from any website they’ve viewed.

I’d prefer it if they can suggest without having to register, I don’t want the vote-up/down or other features - just simple daily/weekly/monthly/ongoing chart-type list?

And I probably still haven’t explained this as well as I want.