Assessment about disavow tool

So what do you feel in relation to Disavow tool? Is it ideal for web masters or is it a method from google to retrieve low quality web sites so that they can suspend them? I personally think that google is normally hoping to get his work completed via us by providing us all this disavow tool.I am still not to sure regarding the objective behind this tool.What are your idea is it risk-free to make use of or it is risky?

If your website is spammed by bad backlinks, then you can use this tool. First of all, you have to check you backlinks deeply, if too many backlinks are from PR0 sites or spamm sites which are not related with your theme or landing page have 1000+ backlinks, Then you can create such backlinks list and submit in Disavow tool.

It is so easy to separate spammy link/blog farms from real websites that the very idea the disavow tool is needed by Google is funny. I looked at one that was considered to be on of these a couple of year back, and there was not a single blog post that I could find that had any value. It’s very similar to new members joining this forum, posting a handful of replies just so they can put their link in. I get “contributors” every day on my blog, and it takes me no more than 3 seconds to recognise them as link-spammers. The posts are generic, often off topic and then somewhere along the line is a disguised link to a poor content website.

The idea behind links being a good indicator was correct, but it was too easy to abuse and the majority of links are artificial. Google has started to lower their influence, and I am pretty sure it won’t be too long before all sites with spam links are penalised. The disavow tool gives us the option of undoing our sins so that after x amount of time there is no excuse to have “fake” links.

Page rank has little or nothing to do with this. There are plenty blog/link farms with high pr, and plenty of genuine sites with pr 1 or even 0. By and large, a site gets a higher PR through getting (buying) links from other high PR sites, loads of which are built for no other reason than to have a high PR and sell expensive links.

If you suspect any bad links or irrelevant links pointing to your website which is not added by you, then you can file disavow link request consideration to Google without fear…

Suppose, if you add your link on any bad websites for the sake of increasing traffic then I personally suggest you to do not go for disavow link request. Better you contact the website owner and ask him/her to remove your link from his/her website.

[FONT=verdana]I’ve actually used the disavow tool. I have a site that has a couple of thousand links from two dodgy looking sites. The links are spammy in nature, and the sites in question have no connection with my site, and do not deal with the same subject matter. (I also have many hundreds of genuine high-quality links).

Three months ago, I decided to disavow the spammy links. Nothing happened for ten weeks. Then, a few days ago, Google Webmaster Tools (GWT) stopped reporting the spammy links. So far, there has been no effect either way on the site’s ranking or Google-originated traffic (as far as I can judge).

I’m not sure what conclusions can be drawn from this, except:

1. It could take many weeks for the disavow to take effect; and

2. It might not have any effect at all.

Keep in mind that if GWT doesn’t report the links as spammy in the first place, there’s probably no point in disavowing them.

Mike[/FONT]

You forgot option 3: it may not have an effect yet but as the boundaries of “spammy” are moved (tightened), things might get worse for spammy links.
The algorithms have already changed compared with say pre-2011. Before then, you could pretty much say the more links of any nature, the higher you would rank on serp. “Quality” links would up your site more, but a thousand or so “fiverr-specials” spread over the various pages of your site would bump your home page up pretty nicely. Today, those do little or nothing and a bunch of really bad links may get you penalised. It is only a matter of tightening up the definition of “really bad” to make the use of the disavow tool a necessity.

[FONT=verdana]BenBob,

I don’t disagree with what you say. But I was really only talking about the conclusions that can be drawn from my own personal experience.

As I said, the disavow tool did what it was supposed to do, but I haven’t seen any effects so far. I plan to keep an eye on the site, and will report back if my conclusions change.

Mike[/FONT]

Interesting, that’s a trick I don’t know. How do you work it out, WMT/GA, or do you have other ways to gauge how Google takes your links into effect?

[FONT=verdana]

Obviously, I have no way of measuring what, if any, effect the tool will have. I simply said that I haven’t noticed any change so far. If the site suddenly shows a big improvement, or a big drop, that might show some connection (though personally I doubt it). But it would be a mistake to draw any conclusions from it.

Mike[/FONT]