Attachments Pending Approval

Are attachments manually approved by a moderator one by one? That seems like a whole lot of work considering the volume of posts per day.

As a suggestion would it be more desirable to allow them to be immediately accessible with a “Flag as Inappropriate” link that would lock it down and then have a moderator approval necessary?

You’d get a similar scenario Mark, I cannot tell you what the Advisors have to do exactly regarding the image queues? As it is on a “need to know only basis” and Mentors don’t have direct access to such knowledge.

Though assuming a dodgy image snuck through (and somebody reported it) it would be sitting there in a queue anyway so they are playing on the side of caution it’s automatically held in a queue first.

Unfortunately not many members actually report posts anyway and a lot of spammers would also try cheap tricks if they were given the chance. Also the more devious could probably could alter the image after a set period of editing time if they were all automatically allowed.

Though I can understand your frustration of waiting… if you want to help somebody and their image is still “pending”.

You’d be surprised just how many dodgy attachments come in - more than we’d like to think about. It’s definitely not an every day occurrence, but it does happen.

If you do find a post where they say they have attachments waiting, then please PM the thread to one of the advisors, TLs or HAWK that is online and we’ll approve it.

Yep, they’re approved one by one and it is lot of work… but I would say that at least 80% of the attachments are done by spammers so… and some of them are a bit too explicit :shifty:

But as Dave says, if we take too long, let us know and we will approve it (unless it is spam or inappropriate, of course :p)

80%? You are all so very patient. I’d have shut the attachments down and made people host their own spam. :wink:

Thanks, just wondering about the whole thing.

Thanks for your appreciation :smiley:

And for being part of SPF, of course :smiley:

I’ve moderated before and it’s so thankless so I try to make a point to be thankful. :slight_smile:

I’m just here for the free doughnuts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Off Topic:

so you were the one eating my doughnuts! shame on you :stuck_out_tongue: