Audio editing software for podcasts

My good intention for 2013 is to add podcasts to my website, so I need to some software for editing recordings.
Ease of use is more important than versatility as all I want to do is cut out “stumbles” and maybe add a bit of fade in/fade out music.
Recommendations please.

You might want to specify if you are mac or pc.

I only know mac and would recommend

or garageband

Good point. Ideally under Linux, but I’ll settle for a Windows program.

[FONT=Verdana]I’ve never used anything like that, but a quick look found Sweep:

Sweep is an audio editor and live playback tool. It supports many music and
voice formats including WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Speex and MP3, with multichannel
editing and LADSPA effects plugins.
and Audacity:
Audacity is a multi-track audio editor for Linux/Unix, MacOS and
Windows. It is designed for easy recording, playing and editing of
digital audio. Audacity features digital effects and spectrum
analysis tools. Editing is very fast and provides unlimited
undo/redo.
[/FONT]

Audacity is all you need for podcasting, and it’s free - and there are tutorials on “how to podcast with audacity” all over the internet.

You can try WavePad it is good Audio Editing Software.

You could also use some online editing services like: Makeownringtone, Jamglue, Indaba Music and more. Just google them and you will see their options.

Audacity works well, and there’s a bunch of tutorial videos on Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf7-2KSqj4s

I would recommend GoldWave. Has a great anti-noise feature.

I also used GoldWave an it’s really good software. Interface is new user friendly.

I’ve heard about this. Is this for free? Thanks for sharing the link. I’ll check this out. I intend to edit audios that I’d be using for my videos.

Audacity is great and free too. Pretty easy to use. Please post a link to your first podcast here!

I have used Audacity, Pro tools, and Adobe audition and I really like all the three tools but obviously Audacity is a great and easy to use. It’s totally free.