Audio Player

Hi to all,

I’m building an application. That have audio player… When a visitor play the audio and it keeps playing while the visitor browsing to other pages…

Any tips how to do this…

Thanks,

It sounds like you are wanting a music player to run constantly in the background as the user goes from page to page. As far as I know, this is impossible. The music will always reload/restart or at least be interrupted as a new page loads.

Additionally, I’d like to suggest that you might want to consider omitting background music if it’s not necessary. Music that plays by default on a website drives me insane, and I think most people feel the same way.

If you do need an audio player, I can’t recommend jplayer enough. It’s a fully skinnable jQuery plugin with Flash backup.

Not easily. There are three routes and none are good. One is to use classical frames. This isn’t standards compliant and future browsers may drop support for the page since frames are deprecated.

The other path is to not actually change the page and use AJAX to bring in new “pages” - the largest problem with this is the browser back button and bookmarks will no longer work for the site.

The last route, and the only one I’d consider, is to use a pop-up window.

Now, that said, All of these problems are javascript in scope and have little to nothing to do with PHP Application design - i.e. this is the wrong forum for this question. PHP general or JavaScript general is more appropriate.

Audio that plays by default and a popup? :eek: :wink:

Sorry I posted it in PHP section… :slight_smile:

I think this is not easy…Sad…

But pop up is fine…