Auto div refresh and easy user changability

You need to store this information on the server, in a database. When you load the page, you pull the information from the database. Then you can keep refreshing the page, say, every 30 seconds, pulling the new record set from the database.

You can submit the information to the database via Ajax or via a normal HTML form, but whatever you do, you have to store the register in a database of some kind.

Yes, i was looking into where to start for this and came across a few examples using ajax periodic refresh.

Doesn’t need to be DIVs, just boxes that toggle between red and green.

This is basically for a register system for pupils, so a tutor will click the students names to change it from red to green if they are in. Somebody in head office will then be able to see who is not in. This is basically for a institution teaching expelled pupils and so many come in late and at various times.

So… if I’m clicking these DIVs and you’re looking at the same webpage at exactly the same time on a different computer, the DIVs need to change on your computer as I’m clicking them?

A pretty tall order. And pretty weird too. What may I ask is the purpose of this?