Automatic email generation

Hello,

I’ve been having some trouble finding some information on how to set up a automatic email generating script.

Basically what I am trying to achieve, is when a website visitor submits their email (into a form) - they automatically get sent an email that contains a downloadable link (the link doesn’t need to change).

The main purpose of this is to retain the email addresses of anyone who wants to download this file.

So in short, someone visits the website - puts their email address into a form and automatically receives an email with a link in it.

Does anyone have any sources on how to go about this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

For starters, what language is your site running? PHP? ASP.NET?

Is your desire to log these email addresses in a database or just send you a message that gives you the address to store internally?

Yeah it runs PHP, and I have optional ASP.

As far as storing the addresses goes, I don’t expect to get swarmed with them, so I would be happy to store them manually. I just need a way of knowing who is downloading the file for future reference.

:smiley:

Here is a link to a tutorial for send email with PHP:

PHP Mail

You can send one message to the visitor with the info and link and then send one message to yourself that gives you the info you want to collect.

Happy coding! :slight_smile:

Thanks mate!! I’ll let you know how I go with it.

Looking forward for the results of your coding buddy.

:blush:

The code works perfectly! I had to play around with it for a while, but now when a user puts in their address - they get sent an email containing the link, and I receive an email with the user’s address - perfect!!

Thank you so much for your help!! :smiley:

Glad to hear it! :slight_smile: It’s a great feeling to learn something new and see it work correctly, isn’t it?

Very nice indeed. Thanks again!!