Awardsites

Does anyone have idea what the purpose of awardsites.com website is?
Isn’t it actually a garbage website? I have not even seen any professional website showing this kind of awards, have you?

I’ve no idea too, because the load time for me takes ages. But in general it seems that this site is not dead someone is maintaining it. WOT shows a light green rating of this site - that means it is clean from malware, deceit or other slanderous things that can ruin your pc.

Just looks very old to me.
Well, around ten years out-of-date, which is ancient by today’s rate of techology change

What is WOT?
I don’t understand what is the purpose of award? To the best of my knowledge, award givers don’t know even the very basic standards of web industry, let alone about evaluating other sites for award!

Not really. It shows that WOT members have rated it as safe, but if you view that rating, it says

This reputation has a low confidence, which means not many people have rated the site.

There is also no way of knowing how old that rating is; anything could have happened to the site in the meantime.

WOT ratings are a good guide to how safe a site is, but should never be taken as a guarantee that the site is free from malware, etc.

yeah, a fair remark. I agree with you. There are other sites, that crawls other sites for malware and other malicious things, but definitely not MyWOT