so I have to take this backbone test... I don't know backbone, but they said it's ok... just learn it over the weekend (lol...) and send us the test Monday.....
this is the test:
Git repo to attach with questions: https://github.com/bodnaristvan/backbone-demo
1) When closing the comment edit form without saving after text was changed, ask the user for confirmation if he really wants to lose changes!
(is this correct answer? body onunload="ConfirmExit" )
2) Make sure that only one comment form can be opened on the page simultaneously
Before opening the new form close the existing one, combined with the solution from the previous question.
3) Convert the comment form to a modal window, clicking outside the form container should close the form!
4 Display an error if the comment text or author field is left empty!
5) Store the name of author of the last submitted comment, use the name the next time the form is opened!
now I'm not seeking concrete answers here, I am learning this now, but I have two questions about this:
1) "Git repo to attach with questions:" I don't know what they mean by repo to "attach" with questions.... would appreciate some enlightenment here... I did go to this url,
https://github.com/bodnaristvan/backbone-demo, but well, I don't know what to do....
2) what on earth is a "comment edit form"? have yet to encounter this in tutorials... I'm a bit puzzled as to why all the questions in this test are concerned only with this "comment" stuff....
oh brother... am searching for "backbone.js comment form"
can't find anything about this.... are these people messing with me?
The comment form they keep referring to in a Backbone view that is part of the sample application that they linked to on GitHub. All the questions revolve around you downloading and modifying that code to reflect the behaviour that they want.
thank you FB...
man, this is like pulling teeth..
what exactly am I supposed to download here? everything in that main box? there's no "zip" link to download everything at once?
have to download the files one by one? there are files buried like three or four folders deep here...
under "docs" there's another index.html file.... or here...
so only way to download all these files is linking to each file here?
oh brother.... if I don't find work soon I will be in deep trouble... I'm almost at the end of my rope here..
would have preferred a more straight-forward test...;-) oh well...
thank you FB...
I love how it says "Very simple Backbone based JS application demo"....
PS: so I downloaded all files, named properly, put in correct folders..
but get JS error, http://mayacove.com/dev/bb/
one var in js/app/app.js is undefined...
oh man.. I really hope I can find all answers today..
regarding the first one, all I can find is for when user wants to leave the page, for example
not a form on the page...
I don't know what they mean by when user "closes" that comment form... there's no cta or button to "close" that comment form...
FB, thank you for your response... at least now I know what I'm supposed to do...;-o
This topic is now closed. New replies are no longer allowed.