Backup & Restore Solution Without Down Time for MYSQL 10gig+

Hi All
I’m putting together a online booking company for services and are now looking at the backup and restore methods available.

I need zero down time and constant backup what would be the best method, I have used mysql dump and rsync in the past but the
lock down is going to cause issues.

Any thoughts

What storage engine does the table(s) use at the moment?

Hi
MyISAM is the storage engine

In your situation I would look at replication from your primary MySQL server to a secondary server. This would then mean that your primary will continue to function and that you use the replicated version for taking your backups. It also means that if you have a disaster you can use your secondary server as the primary until the old primary gets rebuilt.

Thanks for the reply would replication be to another server ie different IP or a different partition on the same drive or another physical drive.

You could either have it on the same server or on a different server. If I was doing it and budget was available I would definitely put it onto a small server. This way the backup will use only the resources of the replicated server and not the primary server where you want to keep your resources to handle the SQL requests coming.

Try Handy Backup 7, it can do zero, mysql and rsync very well.