Backup the content of a blog

My problem is simple, but I want to be 100% sure of the answer. So, I have a blog, hosted at X . Because of the high prices of X I found host Y which is cheaper, and I want to move my blog to Y, but without losing it’s content. I use Wordpress as platform.
The method that I think it’s risk free of losing the content is that XML file obtained from Tools > Export and at the new host, after installed wordpress, I import the file from my computer. But also, I want to have another backup, and I thought that a backup for the database is necessary.
How do I import the content from the old host to the new host using the .sql file I obtain from the backup of the database? And is the method of backup with the XML risk free?

When I wanted to copy my blog from one host to another:

1. I exported all the MYSQL data and structure into an sql file
  2. copied all files from my original host to the new one
  3. created a new mysql database on my new host with the same name
  4. executed the sql file on the new database

hey presto, there’s probably an easier way, but this worked for me

Good solution. I was also thinking of transferring one of my blog to another host. I was wondering as to how to do it . Further my question is that if i transfer from one host to another and the same material is published , does it amount to duplication or not. Or just by changing the host it becomes something new or different.

With this method you need to make sure to put WP in the same directory as you had on your first server, otherwise it wont work