Badge: Anniversary

So I get this notice that says I earned a new badge: Anniversary. I check it out and it says that it can be used as a title.

How do I set it as a title? :smile:

V/r,

:slight_smile:

Click on your avatar (top right) > Preference > Set Title

Errā€¦ Except, the X means it canā€™t be set as a title.

versus (which has a checkmark)

Thatā€™s not working, for some reason.

I go to title, and the only selection I have in my dropdown is ā€œFormer Member Of The Monthā€, nothing else. :frowning:

OH! Well thatā€™s a wee bit confusing. I figured if it was there, it meant it could be done. Didnā€™t see the x.

Ah, wellā€¦ non-issue. Thanks for pointing that out, @cpradio.

V/r,

Yeah, it confused me too, until I dug into it further.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a feature of Discourse. You should accept / understand Discoursesā€™ great UI decisions.

How was my Jeff impersonation?

2 Likes

Who is Jeff???

V/r,

The mastermind behind all things Discourse :wink: . He likes hiding bugs / poor UI decisions behind ā€œitā€™s a featureā€. Itā€™s his catch phrase, almost.

1 Like

Jeff Atwood, you may have heard of him as the founder of Stack Overflow, owns the blog codinghorror, etc.

1 Like

Ohā€¦ sort of likeā€¦

2 Likes

Where are the flat tires? That promote a slower ride but ā€œmakes it more enjoyableā€?

Look cold there too, so the windows should be broken / not up so that you can ā€œsmell the fresh airā€. Doesnā€™t matter if youā€™re cold though. Itā€™s a feature.

1 Like

Is there any way to learn about conditions required to get a badge?
For example, what does ā€œTrust Level 3ā€ mean? What should I do to earn it? :smiley:

Thanks Ryan! Now I see, itā€™s impossible to earn that badge :smile:

1 Like

TL 3 requires you to give up your social life and possibly your first bornā€¦ as you have to spend a lot of time reading a lot of topics/posts here.

4 Likes

Nonsense :slight_smile: . Many members here have gotten it.

Ok thatā€™s how I got itā€¦the truth is out.

So how about TL 4? Should you kill someone for it? :smiley:

Yep, as that one is manual promotion only. :slight_smile: So youā€™d have to be hired to take out the right person to earn that one :wink:

1 Like