Badge: Anniversary

Since that’s only for moderators +, you get mentor spot (think of it as “mod in training”) by them thinking you’re a homicidal maniac. I was a shoo-in apparently.

Getting it is possible. Keeping it is not - unless you can answer questions across all of the forums. There are not enough questions being asked to keep that level if you only contribute across 2/3 of the forums.

Good point. (except reading is weighted more than contributing)

I’m Trust Level 3 both here and at meta, but I Watch a great many categories,and keep up with reading the posts.

Social life. What’s that? :wink:

Well for every actual contribution you make you generally have to read five or six threads possibly containing several dozen posts where someone else already gave the same answer you would have so the two are related anyway

How many thousands of posts do you have to read reach day to stay at level 3?

If my calculations are correct, 5,475 over 100 days (or close to that).

LOL not thousands each day, but lots just the same
http://www.sitepoint.com/community/users?order=posts_read

I’ve had it since day 100 of Discourse (or however the math is to make me get the minimum days). And it’s been a year now.

It’s very possible to keep it. It’s really not asking for much.

TL3 benefits only act as semi moderation tools. If you don’t contribute to all the forums / read all the threads, there really is no point in having TL3. I got told that a year ago and it makes sense to me now.

I did get it at one point but even though my involvement in the forums hasn’t changed (I read all the posts on the forums where I might know the answer and respond whenever I find one where someone hasn’t already given the answer I would give) I only got to keep it for a few weeks.

You also need to use the “like” system to reach TL3. Not a great deal, but you do need to use it. We have one or two members who have met every other requirement, but haven’t liked enough (or any) posts and are therefore still TL2. And you need to have received likes yourself - again, not a very high number.

2 Likes

I must be the most popular kid in the school then, as I never feel like I’m responding as often as I should. I read plenty though…

Install your own instance of Discourse—and revel in the sense of power. :stuck_out_tongue:

It was quite hard at first, but not nearly so much now. The fact that there’s lass activity actually makes it easier to keep at TL3.

I was surprised to reach TL3 on meta.discourse almost a year ago, as I didn’t think I was particular active there. I’m still TL3, and still don’t think I’m very active.

4 Likes

Nice video from the guy with 6 badges :smile:

1 Like

Wow, that snippet almost made the film look like a comedy.

:shifty:

Edit: I forgot the old smilies don’t work here

Edit: They do if you call in @technobear

2 Likes

They do indeed.

2 Likes

:smile:
Next time I’ll call you myself :wink:

2 Likes

Ooops. Fraudian slip. I’m a bit nervous about all that Ashley Madison stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Who is Ashley Madison anyway? And why is everyone so upset with her?!

1 Like